First publishedon www.AggBusiness.com
The deadline for entries to the UK Institute of Quarrying's free-to-enter IQ Excellence Awards has been extended until 31 July 2019
The deadline for entries to the UK Institute of Quarrying’s free-to-enter IQ Excellence Awards has been extended until 31 July 2019. The extension is designed to encourage quarry operators across the UK to enter and receive recognition from peers for the great work they do day in, day out.
The IQ Excellence Awards celebrate the exceptional achievements of individuals, teams and projects in the mineral extractives sector across different regions in Britain. Recognising the commitment to continuing professional development, the award categories are aligned to the different quadrants of the IQ Skills Wheel.
Team/project based award categories
● Best Personal Development Project - to recognise initiatives that are aimed at supporting the professional development of employees at company or site level.
● Best Community Engagement Project - to recognise projects where sites are actively engaging their local communities and achieving positive results.
● Best Initiative to Engage Workforce or Team - to recognise the best initiative aimed at supporting workforce engagement at either company or site team level.
● Most Effective Process Improvement - to recognise a team, project or initiative of technical process improvement that has delivered improved operational performance.
Individual based award categories
● Health & Safety Individual Excellence Award: - to recognise the achievements of an individual in improving the health and safety performance on site.
● Most Inspirational Leader - to recognise an individual who has made the strongest positive impact on the team they are part of.
● Most Promising Future Leader - to recognise a talented individual for building their all-round knowledge and skills.
● Most Innovative Leader - to recognise an individual who has made the best impact on the innovation ecosystem at site, business unit or organisational level.
James Thorne, IQ’s chief executive officer, said: “With so many innovative projects, as well as great achievements from individuals and teams in the sector, we’re giving those who haven’t yet entered the IQ Excellence Awards the chance to do so with an extended deadline of 31 July.
“You don’t have to be a member of the Institute of Quarrying to enter the awards. And, entry is free so we’re encouraging anyone working in the quarrying and mineral products industry to enter and celebrate success with us.”
With regional awards planned in the north, south and central UK over the coming months, each regional award winner automatically goes forward to the national excellence awards, which will take place at Hillhead 2020, where they will compete for the overall national title in each category.
To enter the IQ Excellence Awards for FREE and for more information visit: www.quarrying.org/iq-excellence-awards.